How to use Tax for Shipping when VAT number is Verified (EU)?
Screenshot: Shipping Tax
1. Create Tax Rates for Shipping
Go to Sales → Tax → Manage Tax Zones & Rates and Add New Tax Rates.
- Tax Identifier: Shipping_Germany
- Country: Germany
- Rate Percent: 5
- Tax Titles: Shipping
2. Create Tax Rule for Shipping
Go to Sales → Tax → Manage Tax Rules and Add New Tax Rule.
- Name: Shipping Tax
- Customer Tax Class: Retail Customer
- Product Tax Class: Shipping
- Tax Rate: Shipping_Germany
3. Specify Tax Class for Shipping
Go to System → Configuration → Sales / Tax → Tax Classes and specify tax class for shipping.
- Tax Class for Shipping: Shipping
Important! Do NOT select Shipping Tax in VAT/Tax Rule (GoMage LightCheckout) otherwise Shipping Tax will not be applied for the customers with verified VAT numbers.
Screenshot: EU VAT/Tax Settings