File Creation Settings
This section contains extended parameters of the feed file configuration that are applied on a general basis.
Screenshot: File Creation Settings
Number of Products
This value indicates how many products are exported by the feed generation script per one iteration. If this value is set to “0” – all products are exported at once. It is NOT recommended to set this option to “0” on low memory servers and/or if the products quantity to be exported is over 5,000. It is recommended to set this option to equal “50” or “100” to ensure successful feed file generation. In this case, the products are exported in small portions by 50 or 100 items at a time, which does not cause additional load on the server.
DO NOT USE "Number of Products" equal “0” if you set "Yes" to export “Disabled” and “Out of Stock Products” options.
For example: "I have a low memory server and 10,000 (available in stock) products. How can I generate a feed file?" -
Set the "Number of Products" equal 50 or 100 (not more) and generate the feed file.
You will get the feed file with all 10,000 products.
Export Out of Stock Products
Select "Yes" if you want to export "Out of Stock" products into the Feed file.
Select "No, when all Child Products Out of Stock" if you do not want to export the configurable products when all their child products are "out of stock".
Export Disabled Products
Select "Yes" if you want to export "Disabled" products into the Feed file.
This option allows filtering the products to be exported by their ‘Visibility’ status. The following options are available:
- Not Use Option: visibility status will be ignored (products with all statuses will be exported).
- Not Visible Individually: only the products with status "Not Visible Individually" will be exported.
- Catalog: all products with status “Catalog” or “Catalog, Search” will be exported.
- Search: all products with status “Search” or “Catalog, Search” will be exported.
- Catalog, Search:only the products with status “Catalog”, “Search” or “Catalog, Search” will be exported. "Not Visible Individually" products will not be exported.
- Only Catalog: only the products with the “Catalog” status will be exported.
- Only Search: only the products with “Search” status will be exported.