Screenshot: Category Settings (Deal Block)
- All Categories: set "All Categories" to display the deal block for all categories
- Selected Categories: select the categories for which the deal block will be displayed
Display on Product Pages
Set "Yes" to display the deal block on the product pages under selected categories.
Screenshot: Page Settings (Deal Block)
- All Pages: set "All Pages" to display the deal block on all static pages
- Selected Pages: select the static pages on which the deal block will be displayed
Screenshot: Block Layout (Deal Block)
You can change the position of the deal block in the left or right columns with the help of the layout code.
Example of the deal block which is shown after Community Poll block in the right column.
Screenshot: Deal Block Position
Example XML code:
<reference name="right"> <remove name="gomage.salesdeals.blocks.sidebar.right"/> <block type="gomage_salesdeals/blocks" name="gomage.salesdeals.blocks.sidebar.right.new" after="right.poll"> <action method="setPosition"><position>right</position></action> </block> </reference>
- Use "right" for right column and "left" for left column
- Use "after" for showing the deal block under any other block
- Use "before" for showing the deal block above any other block
- Use "right.poll" code to specify where the deal block will be shown.
Magento block codes
- Shop By: catalog.leftnav
- Newsletter: left.newsletter
- Poll: right.poll
- Wishlist: wishlist_sidebar
- Tags: tags_popular
- Callout banner (the dog): left.permanent.callout
- Callout banner (back to school): right.permanent.callout
- Compare Products: catalog.compare.sidebar
- My Cart: cart_sidebar
- Recently Viewed Products: right.reports.product.viewed or left.reports.product.viewed
- Recently Compared Products: right.permanent.callout
You will find more information about the layouts in the official Magento knowledge base